Tuesday 8 January 2013

For Audrey Swatch & Review

I think it's time to introduce you to one of my favourite polishes of all time! It was my first ever China Glaze polish purchased, and not once have I ever regretted buying it. I have fair skin and find bright colours to be very overpowering so this teal/turquoise colour was a fantastic compromise with my skin tone! A beautiful colour that can be pin-pointed to Tiffany's signature blue of the box and the "For Audrey" name came from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's where this was dedicated to Audrey Hepburn, the leading character. 

"For Audrey - China Glaze"
Although my fingers look a bit red in the picture, I can surely say this is one of my fave polishes in my collection (I'm not saying my collection is large, compared to others haha). Some may say it's green while others say it's blue, to me it's a perfect mix that looks great as an accent piece to any outfit. If wearing all neutral colours, this gives a vibrant yet sophisticated look.


The overall application was great, my bottle is getting old so I think I may need some thinner *yikes*. All photos were done with two layers of colour, Essie's all-in-one base, and Seche Vite's fast-dry top coat. I'll have to re-apply the top coat soon since I'm finding some pealing at the back of nails (not good!). As my polish is getting older - or maybe it goes for others as well - it's pretty thick. You could almost even get away with one coat!


You can see in different lights it can be interpreted as another colour but it's all the same to me! I recommend this colour since it started my whole obsession with China Glaze and it's a MUST HAVE for any collection !

Happy polishing,
Mandie xo










3 comments:

  1. For Audrey is a really beautiful color, and it looks so smooth and creamy. I love these bluish/greenish/turquoise colors. I got Essie's Turquoise and Caicos a while back when I was deciding between the two, and while it's beautiful, the formula is no bueno.

    You have very beautiful nails and your pictures are great! I just found your blog and am now following =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking of getting Essie's Turquoise and Caicos as well (but decided to go with this one instead). I'm glad I did though since I'm pretty happy with the formula and it began my China Glaze obsession! Thanks sweets :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't this the most glorious color?!? I have it on right now in fact :)

    ReplyDelete