Wednesday 2 January 2013

Light & Simple Manicure - ft. Konad

Hey Sweets

So I introduce to you my very first mani post on this blog! *cheers*laughter*clapping*
It's pretty girly I have to admit.... but I like it. I received Pirouette my Whistle from OPI for Christmas and I was dying to use it. Lucky Lucky Lavender I've had for a while now but I feel as if I've been neglecting certain polishes, therefore making myself use this to compensate (silly I know). 

The materials:





Optional: I used these materials on my ring finger as an accent (i like it better, don't you?) but I realize the pink beads aren't readily available... and the striper can be expensive *sadface*



Overall, I liked this mani because it was light, simple, and went well with my skin tone. Usually in winter we tend to go towards the darker shades so I wanted to freshen things up. As you'll see, I kind of messed up the Konad part (my bad) and the beaded accents didn't go so well (I blame it on the top coat.... I really do!!) so overall this is meh. I loved Lucky & Pirouette together, I think they looked elegant and could easily be pulled off if going to work (I'm a student so I wouldn't know haha). The bow fron plate m56 adds a feminine touch and I added the beads to act as mini rhinestones. Do you think they suit well?




I had fun creating this nail design (although very simple). You'll see the steps I went through above ^ where I did a coat of Essie's all-in-one base, one coat of Lucky Lucky Lavender, a coat of Pirouette My Whistle (adding in the white stripes with the striper here), stamping Konad plate m56 with the bow image, taking a toothpick and lightly attaching the beads, and sealing it with a Seche Vite Top Coat to top it off! (I used the Konad top coat on my index finger and you'll see it turned the pink beads to mush basically. I didn't like how it turned out and will not be using a Konad top coat with those beads again).

Hope you like it, please comment and let me know any suggestions!
Happy polishing,
Amanda xo


2 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! I love that you can achieve such cute and intricate looks with stamping plates, I have been wanting to try them but I'm scared I won't be good at it haha. I love the colors you used, they're soft and pretty and perfect for the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Konad Stamping is a great investment if you want those cute little designs - it just takes a little practice haha

      Delete